A Message from Our Director
Jessica Heft, MD, MS
Assistant Professor, Residency Program Director
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Division of Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
The University of Florida Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program strives to improve the lives of the diverse community we serve through evidence-based, patient-centered care. We are committed to lifelong learning, leadership, advocacy, and the promotion of women’s healthcare on both a local, state, national, and global scale. We are dedicated to clinical excellence, cultural humility, and equity in all aspects of our work including patient care, research, education, and quality improvement. The University of Florida Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program is dedicated to cultivating compassionate, knowledgeable, culturally competent physicians and to supporting their specific goals whether that be independent practice, subspecialty training, public health advocacy, or academic leadership. Our program aims to provide unique and individualized resident physician education, and to continue a legacy of thoughtful, holistic, and evidence-based care. To confirm that we are helping our residents realize their full potential, we track the following for the aims of academic excellence, leadership, and social commitment:
- Proportion of residents who practice in their desired setting after graduation including fellowship, private practice, and academics.
- Completed Quality Improvement and Original Research projects as well as the subsequent presentations and publications produced.
- Number of current residents who participate in local community service, global health, and advocacy.
- Number of current residents involved in regional, national, and international organizations.
- ABOG Qualifying Exam pass rates.
- ABOG Certifying Exam pass rates.
We welcome your interest in our program. If you have any questions, please contact:
Residency Program Coordinator
Phone: (352) 273-7943