Requirements for Ob-Gyn Residency Training
The University of Florida’s Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program is approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) for five residents per year. Our selection criteria are consistent with ACGME’s specialty-specific requirements as well as the University of Florida College of Medicine’s “Eligibility & Selection of Residents” guidelines.
Applicants for our program must be an M.D. or D.O. candidate who has passed Step I of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) and has passed or is scheduled to take Step II. Foreign medical graduates must have a valid ECFMG certificate prior to the application receipt deadline. If a visa is required to study in the United States, the University of Florida will support only the J-1 visa.
The University of Florida College of Medicine participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). Applicants must apply through the NRMP to be considered for interview.
Applications for our program should be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®): https://www.aamc.org/services/eras/. Please include the following information with your electronic application:
- USMLE scores
- Personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- At least three letters of recommendation in addition to your Dean’s Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) letter
- We encourage, but do NOT require, letters of recommendation following the SLOE format as endorsed by APGO/CREOG’s “Right Resident, Right Program, Ready Day One” initiative. Guidelines, FAQs, and evaluation template are available on the RRR Program Resources page here: https://apgo.org/page/rrrprogram.
2023 Virtual Meet and Greets
If you are interested in learning more from our current residents and program director, please join us at the following events:
- 4th Annual Education for All (EFA) Virtual Residency Fair – September 10, 2023 at 1:00pm EST.
2023 Recruitment Deadlines
Our program follows the recommended standards from the Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology (CREOG). We are planning for entirely virtual interviews this year.
- Sunday, October 1 – Application submission deadline
- Tuesday, October 24 – Initial interview offers released
- Friday, December 1 – Final status released
2023 Virtual Interview Dates
- Tuesday, October 31 (University of Florida Medical Students only)
- Wednesday, November 1 (University of Florida Medical Students only)
- Monday, November 6
- Monday, November 13
- Friday, November 17
- Monday, November 27
- Friday, December 1
For more information on the application process or our training program, please contact:
Nicole Marski, M.A.E.
Residency Program Coordinator
Phone: (352) 273-7943