- AMERICAN COLLEGE OF OBSTETRICIANS AND GYNECOLOGISTS (ACOG)
Up-to-date clinical and educational information and resources for medical students interested in OB/GYN.
- ACOG Article: What OB/GYN Means to Me
- ASSOCIATION OF PROFESSORS OF GYNECOLOGY AND OBSTETRICS (APGO)
Website for the official educational organization for our specialty with information on student and resident education.
- APGO UWISE test bank
The APGO Undergraduate Web-Based Interactive Self-Evaluation (uWISE) exam was developed to help medical students acquire the necessary basic knowledge in obstetrics and gynecology, regardless of future medical specialty choice. The quizzes are also an excellent tool to help prepare for the NBME ob-gyn subject exam. The uWISE questions are based on and linked to the 10th edition of the APGO Medical Student Educational Objectives. Each quiz represents one Objective and contains 10 questions for each Objective. You may choose to take a comprehensive test of 50 questions, chosen randomly from the quizzes. If you take the test multiple times, different questions will be randomly selected. In addition, there is a 100-question timed exam, similar to the NBME subject exam.To access uWise Heather Ellis, the Clerkship Coordinator will send you a unique link. At that point you will be able to access it.
- USEFUL ACRONYMS AND ABBREVIATIONS
- AROM – artificial ROM
- AFI – amniotic fluid index
- BMS – betamethasone
- BPP – biophysical profile
- BTBV – beat to beat variability
- BTI – bilateral tubal interruption
- CTX – contractions
- CVX – cervix
- FDIU – fetal death in utero
- FF – fundus firm
- FHR – fetal heart rate
- FHT – fetal heart tones
- FLM – fetal lung maturity
- FM – fetal movement
- GDM – gestational diabetes
- GTT – glucose tolerance test
- IUGR- intrauterine growth restriction
- IUP – intrauterine pregnancy
- IUPC – intrauterine pressure catheter
- LOF – loss of fluid
- LTCS – low transverse C-section
- MVU – Montevideo units
- NST – non stress test
- PIH – pregnancy induced hypertension
- PIT – pitocin
- PPBTI – post partum BTI
- PPROM – preterm premature rupture of membranes
- PROM – preterm ROM
- PTL – preterm labor
- RI – rubella immune
- SROM – spontaneous ROM
- SVD – spontaneous vaginal delivery
- TOCO – tocodynamometer
- VB – vaginal bleeding
- ASCCP COLPOSCOPY COURSE
- ATLAS OF PELVIC SURGERY
- CDC STD TREATMENT GUIDELINES 2010
These guidelines are for the treatment of persons who have or are at risk for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
- ELECTRONIC FETAL MONITORING TUTORIAL
- PELVIC EXAMINATION TUTORIAL
This instructional video is from the New England Journal of Medicine’s Videos in Clinical Medicine.
- SURGICAL SCRUB, GOWN AND GLOVE TECHNIQUE
This short review describes appropriate techniques for surgical scrubbing, gowning, and gloving.
- UP TO DATE
Up To Date is a comprehensive source of current clinical information for most medical specialties.
Contraception by Centers for Disease Control (Free
CDC Influenza (Free)
ASCCP Mobile (Pap smear guidelines) $9.99
ACOG (includes news and ACOG opinions) Free