Peer Reviewed Scientific Journal Publications
Research is a core focus of the IWR, and the faculty, students, and post-doctoral associates who comprise the IWR published over 30 peer-reviewed journal publications, on various subjects in the general area of wound healing that included the Institute for Wound Research in the address for authors. The IWR maintained formal research affiliations with faculty at the University of Stockholm in Sweden and University of London in the UK. IWR faculty members served on NIH study sections for National Eye Institute, National Institute Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institute of Health Office on Women’s Health, Medical Research Council (UK), and Qatar National Research Fund, and on the Editorial Board for 6 major research journals.
- Roche, E. Woodmansey, Q. Yang, D. Gibson, H. Zhang, G. Schultz. Cadexomer Iodine Effectively Reduces Bacterial Biofilm in Porcine Wounds Ex Vivo and In Vivo. International Wound Journal, in press, 2019
- Bosak, M. Kwan, A. Willenberg, K.M.D. La Perle, D. Weinstein, R.B. Hines, G.S. Schultz, E.A. Ross, B.J. Willenberg. Capillary Alginate Gel (Capgel™) for the Treatment of Full-thickness Dermal Wounds in a Hypoxic Mouse Model. Internat J Polymeric Materials Polymeric Biomaterials, December 10, 2018.
- K. Hoffman, L.E. Tomalin, G. Schultz, H.D. Howell, N. Anandasabapathy, A. Alvai, M. Saurez-Farinas, M.A. Lowes. Integrating The Skin And Blood Transcriptomes And Serum Proteome In Hidradenitis Suppurativa Reveals Complement Dysregulation And A Plasma Cell Signature. PLoS ONE, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0203672 September 28, 2018.
- Z.L. Watson, S.D. Washington, D.M. Phelan, A.S. Lewin, S.S. Tuli, G.S. Schultz, D.M. Neumann, D.C. Bloom. In vivo Knock-Down of the HSV-1 Latency-Associated Transcript Reduces Reactivation from Latency. J Virology, 92(16) https://jvi.asm.org/content/jvi/92/16/e00812-18.full.pdf, August, 2018.
- D.S. Paulson, R. Topp, G. Schultz, Q. Yang. Efficacy and Safety of a Novel Skin Cleansing Formulation versus Chlorhexidine Gluconate. Am J Infection Control, 46(11): 1262-1265, 2018.
- S.L. Percival, M. Malone, D. Mayer, Salisbury, G. Schultz. Role of Anaerobes in Polymicrobial Communities and Biofilms Complicating Diabetic Foot Ulcers, International Wound J, 15(5): 776-782, http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/iwj.12926, 2018. 10. G.S. Schultz, K. Woo, D .Weir, Q. Yang. The Effectiveness Of A Monofilament Wound Debridement Pad In The Removal Of Biofilm And Slough: Ex Vivo And Clinical Performance, J Wound Care, 27(2), 80-90, 2018.
- Nakagami, G. Schultz, D.J. Gibson, P. Phillips, A. Kitamura, T. Minematsu, T. Miyagaki, A. Hayashi, S. Sasaki, J. Sugama, H. Sanada. Biofilm Detection By Wound Blotting Can Predict Slough Development In Pressure Ulcers: A Prospective Observational Study, Wound Repair Regen, 25(1): 131-138, 2017.
- P.L. Tran, A.N. Hamood, A. de Souza, G. Schultz, B. Liesenfeld, D. Mehta, D. Webster, T.W. Reid. The Ability Of Quaternary Ammonium Groups Attached To A Urethane Bandage, To Inhibit Bacterial Attachment And Biofilm Formation In A Mouse Wound, International Wound J, 14(1): 79-84, 2017.
- Malone, T. Bjarnsholt, A.J. McBain, G.A. James, P. Stoodley, D. Leaper, M. Tachi, G. Schultz, T. Swanson, R.D. Wolcott. The Prevalence Of Biofilms In Chronic Wounds: A Systematic Review And Meta-Analysis Of Published Data, J Wound Care, 25(12): 1-12, 2016.