Low Risk Pregnancies
- Sensitive, state-of-the-art prenatal care and childbirthWe provide individualized care in partnership with the woman and her family to ensure the most successful and personal outcome.
- Skilled professionals providing mother and baby care
A team of physicians and skilled staff is available to provide care for both routine and emergency conditions.
- The teaching hospital advantage
Care is given at a variety of locations of UF Health. Delivery is at UF Health Shands Hospital which is proud to be a teaching hospital. Medical knowledge changes rapidly and we are dedicated to providing the most up to date, evidence-based knowledge. This is facilitated by having a team of attending physicians, fellows, residents, and students, rather than only one individual, provide care. Care is provided by the level of knowledge and skill appropriate for a problem.
- Immediate expert care for unexpected complications
Four obstetric and gynecologic professionals are available in the hospital 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer questions and care for any unexpected problems.
- 24-hour anesthesiology coverage
An anesthesiologist is also present in the labor and delivery unit at all times and would not have to be called in to provide a labor epidural or help with an emergency cesarean.
- Routine obstetric ultrasound
We believe all pregnant women should have the benefit of an ultrasound examination. Because of the specialized training and experience of our physicians and sonographers, we are experts in spotting problems with a pregnancy. We are happy to record your exam for you (bring a DVD + R or DVD + RW disk).
- Genetic screening
Many genetic problems can occur in women with no risk factors. For this reason, we provide a full range of genetic screening tests for low and high-risk women.