Requirements for Ob-Gyn Residency Training
Applicants for our program must have an M.D. US graduates must have passed Step I of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) and be scheduled to take Step II. Foreign medical graduates must have a valid ECFMG certificate prior to the application receipt deadline. If a visa is required to study in the United States, the University of Florida will support only the J-1 visa.
Applications for our program should be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®): https://www.aamc.org/services/eras/. Please include the following information with your electronic application:
- Class rank, if known
- Cumulative GPA (if your school uses a letter or numeric grading scale)
- USMLE target scores for Step I (required for all applicants) & II (if taken) are 225, passing on the first attempt
- Personal statement
- Dean’s Letter of Evaluation (Medical Student Performance Evaluation)
- Letters from two faculty members, at least one of whom is an obstetrician-gynecologist.
- International medical graduates must have valid ECFMG certification before the application deadline.
All application materials must be submitted by November 1, 2020. Interviews will be offered to qualified applicants between mid-November and late December. We typically have six to eight interview sessions and invite six to eight applicants to each session.
2021 Virtual Recruitment Interview Dates
Friday, November 20, 2020
Monday, November 30, 2020
Friday, December 4, 2020
Friday, December 11, 2020
Monday, December 14, 2020
Monday, January 4, 2021
Friday, January 8, 2021
For more information on the application process or our training program, please contact the Residency Coordinator, Nicole Drake, at (352) 273-7943.