How the Modules Work
Each of the four session/sites has a module organized in the same way:
- Weekly Schedule: This is the schedule illustrating a typical week on the service.
- Individual Schedules: This shows where you as an individual are assigned. These assignments are “by the number”. Your number may be found on the Studycore site and will also be given to you at orientation. You will also be given your individual schedule .
- What the residents in Gainesville want you to know about your responsibilities on the service: written by the residents so expectations are clear in both directions.
We recommend that you look through the website, which includes the syllabus, so you are familiar with its contents.
At the start of each 3 week rotation, look through the entire module for that rotation.
Each evening look at the Weekly Schedule and see what you will do the next day. Start at the top of the day and proceed down through it. When you reach a time marked “As Assigned,” it refers to the Individual Schedules for your individual assignment. Refer to the Student Assignment Descriptions to see what is involved with each Weekly or Individual activity. Look over any applicable evaluation form so you know how to succeed. Read over What the residents expect of you.
ACTIVITIES ROSTER Gainesville Activities Roster (This tells you who are will be working with.)
Clerkship Schedule Abbreviations
These are abbreviations you may see throughout the syllabus, on the Student Assignment Descriptions, and on your Individual Student Assignments.
- ARNP – Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
- BCR – Barron Conference Room (M-304)
- CBC – Case Based Conference
- CCC – Continuity Care Clinic
- CNM – Certified Nurse Midwife
- CVS – Chorionic Villus Sampling
- ENDO – Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility – Also called RE or REI
- E.R. – Emergency Room (1st Floor, South Tower) – Also called Emergency Department
- GNV – Gainesville
- GYN – Gynecology
- IVF – In Vitro Fertilization
- JAX – Jacksonville
- L&D – Labor and Delivery (3rd Floor
- MCR – Masterson Conference Room (N3-2) – Also called the Chairman’s Conf Room
- MFM – Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- OB – Obstetrics
- ONC – Gynecologic Oncology or Tumor
- OR – Operating Room (2nd Floor, North Tower)
- RES – Resident
- WHG – Women’s Health Group: (Medical Plaza 4th floor)